Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lists

Pues in the the spirit of Steph's recent blog, I have decided to make my own list. and though many things will be amazingly the same from worlds away, I think my list is a little different.

Things I miss from Home:

-Peanut M&Ms
-Carpet
-Washing Machines and Dryers (You really can't recreate the hot towels out of the dryer feeling,)
-Cheese
-Dark Chocolate
-Waking up with a cup of Coffee and the morning News and Music Videos
-Having super awesome Roommates (Living alone is not all it's cracked up to be)
-Going to Gym
- Friends and Family (especially that feeling that you can do something totally weird like break down crying for no reason and have someone who loves you anyways.)

Things I Love from Honduras:
-Jalons (Sitting in the bed of a truck on a sunny day with your friends is an inexplicable experience)
-Choco Bananas (Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas, Best Ice Cream replacement ever, and it's fruit so it's healthy, right?)
-Coffee drying in the sun
-Little kids running home from the Kinder with their umbrellas.
-Walking around with an Umbrella
-Knowing all my neighbors and having them watch my house when I am not around
-Helpfulness, I can always find someone to carry my big water jug to the house
-The Honduran Hand Flick, moving your hand from palms downs to up, like what? what's up? how are you?
-My Hammock
-Watching World Cup Qualifying Soccer games with people who all really care.
- Hot homemade tortillas
-Doing Yoga in my underwear cause it's to hot to otherwise

Changes for better and for worse:
-My complete lack of table manners, I won't be able to eat in public when I go home
-My stomache, will it ever be the same?
-A growing appreciation for the United States, I don't think I felt like an American until I left.
-Assuming every man is trying to hit on me and really, most of them are. "Adios, Brenna, mi amor." And I am pretty sure I had some guy proposing marriage at the last Baile. Although now, men shouting at me in the streets makes me irritated and annoyed, I think I will go home and when I walk by I group of guys and they don't say anything, I'll think, "what? You don't like this?"
-Being accustomed to chickens and pigs everywhere including restaurants, homes, and in the streets. I will now think nothing of finding a hair in my lunch.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Funny story... I didn't really identify myself as an American until I returned from Europe.

Unknown said...

I'm stocking up on the Peanut M&Ms for you. Less than 2 weeks and you're here!